LDC in Singapore
Singapore is a strategic base for multi-national companies in all sectors, including agricultural commodities. Our local office serves as the hub for LDC’s origination and merchandizing activities in the South & Southeast Asia Region.
Singapore is an established international finance center and commodities trading hub, strategically located to serve a domestic economy, neighboring countries and global investors.
LDC creates sustainable growth in Singapore through its long-term relationships with business partners, its strong local network and regional expertise.
Since 1993, we have more than tripled the number of people we directly employ in Singapore, and have generated thousands of indirect jobs throughout South and Southeast Asia. Our investment in the country continues, as we expand our presence in the Region.
Our local office serves as the hub for LDC’s South & Southeast Asia Region, which spans seven countries, including Singapore, Australia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan and Vietnam.
Our Singapore office manages origination and merchandizing activities in Coffee, Cotton, Grains & Oilseeds, Rice and Sugar, supporting by our Freight and Global Markets platforms.
As we have grown our presence in the Region, we have developed our origination, processing and logistic capabilities through a number of significant investments in recent years, including joint ventures and acquisitions in Grains & Oilseeds and Coffee.
Our business focuses on:
- Origination and production of a large range of agricultural goods
- Processing and refining of raw, unrefined and packaged products
- Storage and transportation of commodities for export or domestic consumption
- Research and merchandizing for the countries in which we operate
- Customization and distribution to a wide range of customers, from large multinationals to local manufacturers
Our business also entails continuously managing risks, anticipating and responding to any circumstances that may arise, or potentially impact supply.
Our Assets in the Region
Our industrial footprint continues to grow as we invest in facilities to deliver products that meet the growing needs of our customers.
Our office in Singapore oversees all processing and logistic assets in South & Southeast Asia, which include:
- Indonesia – a port, a coffee mill, two palm oil refineries and a biodiesel plant
- India – a coffee mill and an edible oil refinery
- Australia – three cotton gins and a grains storage facility
- Vietnam – two coffee processing facilities, two coffee buying stations, a rice mill and a freeze-dried Instant coffee plant