Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to you that would allow a party to identify you as an individual or to contact you, including, for example, your full name, address, telephone number, or email address.
Personal Data we collect and how we use it
We collect and use your Personal Data carefully, only to perform our own services and only to the extent necessary for this purpose.
We collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Applications for jobs: First Name, Last Name, Email address, Phone number, Nationality, Country – residence, Languages, Level spoken, Years of experience, Current company, Current position, Current function, Current professional area, Previous Company, Previous position, Previous professional area, Previous function, Uploaded resume, CV or cover letter.
- Investment proposal: Title, First Name, Last Name, Company, Address, City, Country, Postal Code, Phone, Email.
- Supplier Opportunities: Title, First Name, Last Name, Company, Address, City, Country, Postal Code, Phone, Email.
- Quote request for commodities: Title, First Name, Last Name, Company, Address, City, Country, Postal Code, Phone, Email.
- Sustainability Inquiries: Title, First Name, Last Name, Company, Address, City, Country, Postal Code, Phone, Email.
- Investor Relations: Title, First Name, Last Name, Company, Address, City, Country, Postal Code, Phone, Email, Status.
- Media Inquiries: Title, First Name, Last Name, Media outlet of affiliation, Contact type, Email, Country.
- Where we have a contract with you, we will also hold any personal contact details contained in that contract, which may include payment information and invoice information.
- Connexion information (last login date, IP address) and mobile device information (device ID, manufacturer, platform, version).
- If you contact us, we keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information uploaded by you onto our site.
Lawful basis for processing
We are able to lawfully process your personal data where you have explicitly consented to this.
We are also permitted to process your personal information where (i) the processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you, (ii) where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we have, or (iii) for the purposes of our overriding legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests might be: to prevent fraud, to provide you with a safe, efficient and customised experience on our Website and to provide the services you have requested.
We will use your Personal Data:
- For client and contract management in order to contact you and for electronic signature of contracts.
- To provide information and services you request.
- For security or fraud prevention purposes.
- To provide you with effective customer service.
- To provide you with a good user experience when you use our site.
- To improve the content, functionality and usability of our site.
- To improve our products and services.
- Where you have consented explicitly, we may contact you with marketing offers.
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
IP addresses and use of “cookies”
We collect information about your computer, including where available your internet protocol (“IP”) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyse trends, track users’ activity within the application, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve our site.
Where we store your Personal Data
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Switzerland and the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Such destination countries may have different levels of privacy protection than in your country of residence.
These steps include imposing contractual obligations on the recipients of your Personal Data to protect that Personal Data, using standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. We may alternatively require approved codes of conduct or certification mechanisms to be in place.
Please contact our data protection team at the address in the Contact section to obtain more information about our contractual clauses imposed on third party recipients of your Data.
We store your Personal Data carefully. We have implemented, and follow, industry standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to, and unlawful interception or processing of, Personal Data. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Retention of Personal Data
The time period for which we shall retain and keep Personal Data varies according to various statutes and what the information is used for. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period of time. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to retain and keep the information, we will retain and keep it only insofar and as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
Non-personal information is information that does not identify you individually. We collect non-personal information from your computer, such as your Web browser, the date and time of your Web site visit, the Web address from which you accessed our site, the number of visitors to the site, the pages viewed, and the length of time on the Web site.
We collect data to analyse the website in general, to gain insights into how to improve our services and to target our marketing measures to your identifiable needs. You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for our marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for our own marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address in the Contact section. If you consent to the use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes, you can change your mind and opt-out of this at any time. You can do this by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us, or at any time by contacting us at the address in the Contact section.
Our website contains links to other websites such as Docusign, Certisign, etc. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website over which we have no control and will bear no responsibility. Often these sites require you to enter your Personal Data. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on all such websites as their policies may differ from ours.
Right of Access
You have the right to access and receive a copy of your Personal Data held by us.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to demand that we correct incorrect information.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Data at any time, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it. We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
Right to Restrict Processing
You can ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in several scenarios, including if you want us to verify the accuracy of the data, and where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
Right to Data Portability
You can request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. This right only applies to information which you initially provided consent for us to use, where we used the information to perform a contract with you or where the processing of your Personal Data is carried out by automated means.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to your Personal Data being processed for a particular purpose or to request that we stop using your Personal Data.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do so we will stop processing your Personal Data unless there is another lawful basis we can rely on, if which case we will inform you of this.
Right to Reject Automated Individual Decision-Making
You can request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data;
Rights regarding Marketing Communications
The right to ask us to stop or to start sending marking messages at any time.
If you want to exercise these rights, you should contact us at the address in the Contact section.
If you have any concerns about our processing of your Personal Data, you may of course contact us at the address and email address in the Contact section but you also have the right to complain to your local data protection regulator.
Chief Legal Officer, Louis Dreyfus Company Suisse S.A., GVA Centre – 29, Rte de l’aéroport – case postale 236 – 1215 Geneva 15 / Switzerland.
Or email [email protected].