LDC in Vietnam
We originate, process, merchandize, store and distribute coffee, rice, grains and oilseeds products, domestically and for export
Vietnam is a large agricultural exporter, ranked 27th in the world. Many of its products – including rice, coffee, pepper, cashew nuts, rubber, aquatic products and furniture – are leaders in world exports.
Vietnam’s rice exports rank third in the world just after India and Thailand, with the country exporting to some 150 countries and territories around the world. The Asian market accounts for 68.41% of total exported rice, followed by Africa (14.93%), the Americas (6.54%) and Oceania (5%).
As the second-largest coffee exporter in the world after Brazil, Vietnam exports coffee to over 100 countries, in particular to Europe and within Asia.
How We Work
As a leading agricultural merchant, we leverage our global presence and network to bring Vietnam’s products to international markets, and vice versa.
- Grains & Oilseeds – We import, merchandize and distribute grains and oilseeds to local agro-industrial players, mostly within the animal feed sector.
- Rice – We originate and export rice from Vietnam. Through our joint venture rice mill in Dong Thap, we purchase rice directly from local farmers.
- Coffee – We originate, process, store and merchandize coffee for both local and export markets.
We build long-term partnerships with our business partners, earning their trust by complementing rather than competing with them, running our business at global standards, and aiming to create shared value – fairly and sustainably.
Working alongside farmers, customers and peers, we integrate sustainable practices into our local coffee business through dedicated sustainability programs to regenerate coffee ecosystems and create lasting positive change in farming communities.
LDC operates five strategically-located facilities in Vietnam:
- Lam Dong Robusta Coffee Buying Station is located in Bao Loc, Lam Dong province and is equipped with a storage warehouse. It also serves as a base for our local coffee research and sustainability team.
- Lam Dong Arabica Coffee Mill has a coffee processing wet mill, dry mill and warehouse facility. This is LDC’s only wet mill worldwide, and its coffee is shipped all over the globe, including to specialty markets.
- Daklak Robusta Coffee Buying Station is located in Ban Me Thuot, Dak Lak province, and is equipped with a warehouse.
- Pleiku Robusta Coffee Mill is located in Pleiku, Gia Lai province, with a coffee processing dry mill and a warehouse.
- Orico Rice Mill is located in Dong Thap province, and is a joint venture between LDC and Vinafood 1, a Vietnamese state-owned rice manufacturer.