A network of professionals with distinct skill sets from diverse backgrounds collaborate to make our business successful. Learn about the various roles at LDC and find the one that could suit you best.
Our Legal team comprises experts representing as many as 15 different nationalities, and a variety of legal qualifications. Their deep knowledge of, and involvement in, all parts of our business allows these professionals to support the pursuit of LDC’s strategic and operational interests.
About the Legal Department
More than 50 legal professionals work together to support the implementation of Group strategy and protect LDC’s interests.
Headed by the Group General Counsel, who reports to the Group CFO, the Legal team is organized into six regional teams with lawyers also participating in a central group of transversal teams, including Trade Support, Corporate and M&A, Global Markets and Finance teams. The team interacts and collaborates globally, to ensure consistency of service, and to share knowledge and expertise.
Our Legal team supports all aspects of the Group’s business and operations worldwide, providing legal advice, drafting and negotiation in relation to many areas of the law. Working effectively, proactively and collaboratively alongside platforms, regions and other functions, the team develops and delivers appropriate legal solutions to support the Group’s operations and strategic ambitions, provides checks and balances, and raises awareness of legal risks within the Group.
Is This the Career for You?
- You have gained a strong legal education, in a relevant jurisdiction and recognized institution(s) and law firm(s)
- You have extensive international experience and have worked in a global organization where multiple businesses interact across geographic regions
- You have experience in commercial and/or corporate law and/or dispute resolution
- You are an effective negotiator and a clear communicator
- You are rigorous and have a commercial mind-set
- You are open-minded and a team player who builds solid relationships based on trust
- You have the ability to clearly engage with both peers and leaders, in particular outside the Legal team, and to explain complex legal issues in an accessible way
Areas of Opportunity
- Trading, shipping and commodities law
- Business development projects, including mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships
- Corporate law and restructuring
- Financing arrangements
- Commercial contracts
- Litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution
- Derivatives, trade finance and structured finance
- Fund formation and investment
- Regulatory matters
- IP, IT and Data Protection
- Employment law