A network of professionals with distinct skill sets from diverse backgrounds collaborate to make our business successful. Learn about the various roles at LDC and find the one that could suit you best.
As LDC continues to grow through the acquisition and creation of assets, the Procurement team leverages our footprint to maximize our purchasing power while minimizing risks and controlling costs.
The Procurement team plays an important role in ensuring the purchases LDC make deliver the best cost and quality value, focusing on high efficiency through end-to-end process integration, simplification and automation.
They apply strategic sourcing processes to secure a broad range of goods and services – everything from stationery, IT and telecommunications to major commodity transformation machinery, maintenance and operations contracts.
And the standardization of our procurement processes and procedures ensures we achieve efficiencies of scale and minimize our internal costs.
Is This the Career for You?
- You have experience with purchasing products and services for major companies
- You are familiar with sustainability issues and their importance to our business
- You recognize how product knowledge and purchasing decisions help support our efficient and effective operations
- You have knowledge of supplier searches and bidding processes
- You understand how supplier contracts are defined and maintained
- You are effective at disseminating purchasing principles and requirements
- You possess strong communication and negotiation skills
- You have a clear and thorough process for supplier search and selection, exploring all options and finding innovative solutions
- You are skilled at reaching agreements with third parties as well as internal business managers
Areas of Opportunity
- Proposing service and product solutions to respond to internal business needs
- Negotiating with suppliers and service providers, preparing and coordinating bid processes, including RFI and RFP instructions
- Maintaining good supplier relationships to help ensure best value is consistently generated for LDC
- Enabling value from data to support and control process and tool improvement, budgeting, market and business intelligence
- Setting and monitoring sustainability standards amongst suppliers
- Continuous improvement in socially and environmentally responsible purchasing decisions